Motor vehicle accidents can be frightening, however any accident involving an 18 wheel truck, or a smaller commercial vehicle can be terrifying. Cases involving commercial vehicles and trucks can be extremely complex. You should seek out an attorney with specific truck accident experience. After retaining an attorney, if you are in need of financial assistance, you should give us a call to apply for a pre settlement funding loan.
Each year, the Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA) release facts and statistics regarding commercial vehicle accidents and injuries. They demonstrate the scale of the problem. Consider the following numbers from 2015:
· 11,777,983 commercial vehicles were registered in the United States
· About 138,000 people sustained injuries in commercial truck accidents
· 4,337 people died as a result of commercial truck crashes
· 716 fatalities were occupants of the commercial vehicle and the rest were occupants of smaller vehicles or bystanders
Being involved in any accident is traumatic- if you are able- protect your rights as an accident victim. Here are things you can do in the aftermath of the accident.
· Call 911- If someone has not called already, you should do so immediately. If EMTs recommend that you go to the hospital, you should never fight them on this. Your health should be your primary concern. If you remain on the scene you can take the following steps:
· Gather information- Gather information on the back of the truck including the truck registration number and truck company name. Also, get the name of the truck driver involved and contact information for anyone who witnessed the crash. Use your phone camera to take pictures of the scene of the accident and vehicles involved.
· Be careful what you say- When speaking to law enforcement or to other parties involved, do not say anything that may be contused as admitting fault.
· Seek medical attention- If you did not need emergency transport, you should still undergo a medical evaluation to identify any possible injuries you may have. Having timely medical treatment is essential.
The seriousness of injuries that can result from a tractor trailer accident cannot be understated. And the legal battles that ensue can be lengthy. Personal injury lawsuit loans can bridge the gap while you recover from your injuries.
The strength of your case depends on all the common fact involved like in a car accident claim. For instance, if the driver was speeding, drunk driving, or fell asleep due to long hours, then this will strengthen the liability of your claim. And it will also increase your chances of approval for a personal injury settlement loan.